Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Kwang Jingshu: Life behind the Knife


Today, I interviewed an old medical doctor that had seemed to have seen his fair share of troubled patients. He told me of an old land that he had just recently visited called New Dachang. His first experience in this remote village was a haunting one. After getting a call to go see many ill patients, he traveled to Dachang to realize that there had been strange bite marks that resembled the characteristics of human teeth. They also had symptoms such as high fever and uncontrolled shaking. The villagers didn't seem convinced of this at first and explained that they did not know what happened. Their minds seemed to have changed a little when Kwang moved a little farther into the village to discover a boy that was going completely insane. This boy, after being tied down and shackled, managed to get his arm torn off by insignificant pressure applied to his arm. He also told a story of him performing surgery in the line of fire. This very resourceful doctor would have to lean over the man's body every seven seconds to protect it from shrapnel. As it was a very informative and graphic first interview, I have a bad feeling I'm getting just a mere sample of what is to come.

4 comments:

Pete Zombie said...

Terry Hudson: I agree with your blog. I think you described very well how insane the boy was. I think you could have added the full name of the medical doctor, Kwang Jingshu, and why he went to see these ill patients. Overall good though.

anti- Zombie said...

I also agree with your blog. Any doctor that can perform in those conditions must be very skilled. I would also have to say brave also because he was taking the shrapnel for his friend which could have killed him. But that makes you think how could he have been scared of a wiled twelve year old. I also agree with your last comment, this will will most likely get a lot worse!

Survivor Z said...

Overall Kwang Jingshu was very courageous as you said, but in the end what was surprising to me was how he had stated that he had never been so afraid once he ran out of the room. I didn't understand though how the father of the boy was never seen again. That's what troubles me.

Jacob Wilson said...

I do agree with your blog that the doctor is a brave man. He went into that village to do his job but he also found something that surprised him and the only thing he knew was to call his friend. i also think that this interview is just a little bit of what is about to come